Thursday, January 26, 2012

Valentine's Day Craft

Well, I must admit, I haven't been too good at keeping my blog updated.   I must say, I am very busy, with two little kids, a husband, and work.  Sometimes I can bearly keep it all together!  But I do want to keep everyone updated on what we do here so my goal is to update every Monday.  So check back next Monday and see if I can keep it up! 

So today I'm doing to do something a little different.  I saw this really cute Valentine's day flower on Pintrest.com and wanted to make them for Lila.  Because we live in Nome we have to do things a little differently.  First I ordered my supplies from Amazon.  When they arrived I realized the card stock I ordered was too big for my printer!  Since it takes too long to return, I decided we just had to make do.  I then went to: www.skiptomylou.com and downloaded the pattern.


We gathered the supplies.  Will helped open up the glue...oops!


We have the patters for the flowers and the leaves, card stock, glue, scissors, and yummy Tootsie Pops!


These are the colours Lila choose.


Lila wrote her name on the leaves.


Because the card stock was too big for my printer, I printed the flower pattern and leaf pattern on to regular paper.  I then cut them out and used them as a pattern.  I then wrote "Happy Valentine's Day" on the flower since it wasn't printed on.

We poked holes in the center of the paper and stuck the Tootsie Pops through!


Then we glued the leaves around the stick.


After putting them together we realized we lost some leaves!  So Lila just wrote her name on the flower.  That worked well too.

So the petals wouldn't bend, we put them in a box upside down.

Now we're ready for Valentine's Day!

I'm linking up to my sister Melanie and her sister-in-law Ashley's blogs today! 
Keeping up with the Cantelmo's

2 comments:

  1. Audrey! Those turned out great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Valentine Envy. Maggie is just bringing Disney Princess and Fairy valentines. I asked Dave to pick up valentine colored mini snickers and he brought home the plain brown ones. :( So I did make cute stickers to put on them to jazz them up. But Lila's flowers are SO cute!! And Maggie will LOVE the sucker.

    ReplyDelete