Monday, February 20, 2012

Valentine's Day


For Valentine's Day I made Lila a special Kuspuk. 

Here we are posing in front of the HUGE snow drift outside of her house.  That is a boat behind the snow drift.  In case you are wondering!

The kids and I went to Libby's house because she had the pattern and was going to teach me how to make it.  I have never sewn a garment in my life and I am hooked!


Here is a picture that Lila took of me sewing.  That is right, I am sewing.

We had to cut out the pattern.  Libby helped me make it fit Lila.


Libby and Lila with one of Libby's kuspuks in the back.

Lila was my helper/photographer.

Will just walked around the shop being cute and playing with crab pots and whatever else he could find.
Some friends were there to visit, and Lila took their picture.  In fact she took a TON of pictures.  She is quite the photographer!


Crab pots.


Maddie and Wes.



The finished kuspuk.


We had a great time.  It took two days to make the kuspuk.  Don't I work with some great nurses?

Lila wore it on Valentine's day to school and she was so excited.  She looked really cute too!





Happy Valentine's Day from Nome, AK!





No comments:

Post a Comment